29 October 2006

A very long update...

This will be a very lenghty update since I now have TWO weeks worth of news to share with you.

I was going to upload a picture of the fantastic storm we had last week, but I still can't get images loading at the moment and I'm so happy about having text appear that I am willing to just give it a week or so before I start getting seriously annoyed by that.

Anyway, last week we had a great storm...40 mm in a few minutes in Johannesburg when the skies opened up. All the roads instantly turned into little fast-flowing rivers (I would have like to get a good photo of that but I needed both my hand to keep my boat - Toyota Tazz - floating in more or less my lane). * Note to self: get new wiper blades fitted ASAP!

Okay that was last week: this week Friday we had another very nice storm - 64 mm this time. :-)

Exam news: Last week and this week - both subjects feel okay-ish, but not as great as the first one. We'll have to wait and see. Next week will be another tough one so I will be very unavailable this next week. Nose in the books where it belongs...

4 comments:

Gobody said...

I once experienced such flooding as a child, I was fascinated :). As and adult I doubt that I would have enjoyed it though.

Louisa said...

I love storms! Even better if there is thunder and lightning - If there is a really loud boom of thunder I start lauging when other people jump.

I just like it, what can I say?

Gobody said...

Well, I love rain when it is sensible. But strong gusty winds with freezing temperatures are not a laughing matter. When I was a child, I lived in such a sunny place that rainy cloudy days held a mystery for me, they were just beautiful. I cannot say the same now when rain is the norm :)

Louisa said...

I guess I wouldn't have liked it as much if I didn't have adequate shelter against the elements. Last year we almost had a monsoon-like summer with hardly a week's worth of sunshine - no that's not funny in Africa! But I have to admit...I loved every drop of it. ;-)