04 October 2006

Republish: September sees its ass.

Well, this week has been chaos from start to finish! My mom started on her soft diet on Monday (from tomorrow she is on a completely liquid diet for three weeks…one week in preperation of her major surgery on the 10th, and another two weeks after that for the wounds to heal internally). After the liquid diet phase she’ll spend another 4 weeks on a soft diet and then she’ll have to relearn how to eat solid food after that. I’m still not completely comfortable with the idea of the stomach bypass that she’s having done, but I have to admit that so far her discipline on the diet is good to see. Obviously she is really serious about this.


Thursday was also a big day for me, since I got inducted into the Lions Club. I first got involved with the organisation through my buddy Louelle and all the great projects she told me about. Warm fuzzy feelings about trying to help other people (I better delete this post later before someone realizes that I have a soft side?). Annelie decided to come and have a look this month as well and we ended up missing most of the meeting because the three of us were giggeling and writing notes the whole time – still had loads of fun though. (See pic of Annelie & Louelle at the Lions meeting)


The weekend was action packed! On Friday I kicked it off with “buckets” of red wine kindly provided by Phillip and Ivy, then I attended a ballroom dancing social (even though I can’t ballroom dance…more red wine involved here), after which myself Annelie and her dance instructor known as Mr. Nel ended up running into my brother at Partyhouse. I only got home at 3:00AM and my dad must have known that we all felt very fragile since he (LOUDLY) sang us awake Saturday morning at 06:37. If he wasn’t blood family I might have killed him.


Today we travelled to the crazy town of Pretoria for my cousin Melanie’s birthday…I made brownies…And they came out perfectly?! @#. It was a fun day, thanks cuzz. And I finally met Mias’ son Nathan – what a cute friendly baby! (See Pic of Nathan and Melanie attached)

As far as my studies are concerned: I’ve managed to work my way through most of the Law of Evidence this week , so I’m feeling very positive about that. I have to finish that up tomorrow and then get stuck into Advanced Law of Succession next.

So nothing outrageous happened this week, but keep watching it can’t be far off…

No comments: