15 October 2006

Braai (BBQ) at Mount Olympus

Well…yesterday was the 2nd Birthday bash of my news group Kwaaiplaas and as I mentioned we decided to have a Greek Mythology party this year. Incidentally next year apparently we’re doing dress up like your favourite (or your own) zodiac sign. Now I have loooooaaaaads of time to come up with a costume that will make me look like a lion. I like to plan these things, what can I say?

I have to say that everyone climbed into this year’s theme with gusto! We had Madusa (me), Poseidon (Wanette), Cupid (Annelie), Zeus (Tiaan), Aphrodite (Marizca), Hercules (Jaco), and even –believe it or not- the Greek Easter Bunny (Melanie) who at some stage in the proceedings declared herself renamed to Rings of Saturn due to a extraordinary amount of glowstick bangles that she festooned her wrists and ankles with.

I’ve included a few picks from the day – hope you get a kick out of it!

3 comments:

Gobody said...

Wow, you seemed to have a very cool party. Nice pictures and beautiful costumes :).

Anonymous said...

Well now... That can't be all the pics, or did it just so happen that the camera was forgotten about after a certain point? It could seem evident with Hercules out of focus...

Hehe.

Louisa said...

Mmm, guess you've got me on that one. ;-)
There was some more pics but the best ones I've already published here. Some of the others were even blurrier than the Hercules shot.