29 October 2006

Okay...we'll just try this again

One of my babies becomes a song...

As you probably know by now I like to dabble with a bit of poetry now and then and I'm very excited to report that one of my babies will be coming out on a CD soon as a song! My cousing Melanie is busy with her recordings and she asked me on a previosu occasion if she could use this specific poem. There are still a few details to sort out, but if all goes well - My Blood Curse - will also be a gospel song by next year. (I've included it here in it's original form for your entertainment)

My Blood Curse

The sins of the fathers
are passed down the blood-line.
You may have left me this curse,
but I have made it all mine.

Depression, Addiction, Abuse,
Of my "gifts" these are just a few.
Madness, Anger and Violence,
Yes, those are within me too.

Today...I'm taking control
and braking the age-old spell.
I'm saying a prayer to set my soul free
My one-way ticket out of hell.

No more will this legacy plague me.
Behind me the pain and despair.
I'll never pass this on to one of my own
I'm the last of the blood-cursed heirs...

No comments: