29 October 2006

Buggered Blogger

I wrote a little piece about my blogger experience over the last few weeks, and how I felt when I couldn't get to my blog...and even though those days seem to over now, I would still like to post it now for entertainment value (a for the sake of completeness of history).
...
It seems like Blogger is down for some much needed maintenance, repairs or exorcism? Anyway, apologies for not being able to meet my usual Sunday deadline - hopefully when you read this it will be Monday and not next Sunday (Gmf! Obviously this was when I was having a naive moment).

Rant: I have been able to compose just fine, but as soon as I try to Save or Publish the post all I get is a Big White Screen. Ever heard of the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? (I have just recently been introduced to this technical term so I might be using it in the wrong context), anyway...I shall call this new adventure in the wonderfull world of Blogging the White Screen of Frustration. It has the super-power of rendering any victims instantly aggravated and unable to find suitable help files. That is an awesome power to harness - well done Blogger.com! ;-) Marvel should make you your own movie...

Now I will breathe out all this negativity and try to focus on good news that comes my way, so that I may come here to RE-F-ING type it out ONE WORD AT A TIME and be unable to use pictures (which are apparently worth a thousand words so that probably explains it?).

Breathe in....Breathe out...Okay, I feel a bit better now. I really would like to post again on how you fixed it all and turned it around, so please don't dissapoint me.

6 comments:

Gobody said...

I only experienced once some problem with posting but that was during the time when they were updating their hardware. Otherwise, everything has been working fine.

Louisa said...

I've had a couple of problems with them but usually it gets sorted out one way or another.

At the moment I can work with what I've gor except for the photos that won't upload to Blogger. I'll go search for some help files and see if there something easy I can do to fix it or work around it.

k e e r said...

blogger is quite sucky sometimes.

but most of the time it works well.

:)

Louisa said...

I know...I am usually a big fan of all this Google, and as soon as I can post photos again all will be forgiven. :-)

k e e r said...

are u using the beta blogger?

hmm..any diff?

:)

Louisa said...

Yeah...I had to move it to save it from the White Screen of Frustration. More than a week I couldn't post anything at all - I was ready to kill I tell you!
It's okay if you don't know anything about programming (like me). Had to work out that I copy and paste from my master document which is in Word - I thought it was broken again. Seems to work if you e-mail it in (but not for photos).
At the moment I am only waiting for photos to get up and running too, but I think it's a Google thing because I've been having problems loading to Groups too.
When that kicks in, I shall have to attempt a cartwheel behind closed doors where no-one can see me falling on my face. ;-)