25 March 2007

Spending too much time indoors?

I am very happy to report that my flu has kicked the bucket! So back to normal craziness here, and not a moment too soon I think.

You may or may not know (probably may not since I am only writing about it now), that my reading lamp had to be retired about a week or so ago. It was acting funny for a couple of weeks already by flickering on and off at the strangest times and with no apparent provocation, so it was not that big a surprise when it started smoking and threatening to burst into flames. It was disappointing, and inconvenient (and smelly), but not surprising.

My mom was kind enough to buy us each a new lamp this week because her lamp has also started flickering ominously recently. (Thanks Mom!)

My new lamp is absolutely amazing – I love it! It has a cool blue shade visor thingy that can be moved round so that the light shines on what you want to see without blinding you in the process. It has brought to my life both light and inspiration! *pats the good lamp on the shoulder – err I mean adjustable fitting*

Inspiration you might ask? Well, it’s almost like lying flat on your back looking up at the sky and trying to see different shapes in the clouds. At this point you probably think I should go back to the doctor and get something for my hallucinations? Have a look and decide for yourself (You might have to click on the images to open them big so you can see the corner comparisons that I added).

The Locust Lamp

The Eyeball Lamp

The Droid Lamp (This is my favourite)

The Spidy Lamp

The Jet-plane Lamp

The Rocket Lamp

The Puppy Lamp

See what I mean? This might be a clear sign that I am spending too much time at my desk. *Note to self: spend some time OUTSIDE looking at some real clouds!* Or maybe I should spend more time looking at my textbooks and less time at my lamp?

Anyway you may have noticed that I’ve taken down the sign that said “Updates on Sunday”, because I plan to update a bit more frequently now. I will still post my quotes of the week on Sundays and I’ll try to do the Weekly Update ones on Sundays too.

I hope you all have a fantastic week! One week to go till April Fool’s Day…(just a thought).

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Luv the photos - they are so cute!! But I have to agree or mention - maybe the medicine you took was a bit too strong...

Louisa said...

Hehe...thank you Wanette.
I am quite handy with a green crayon as you can see? ;-)

I'm off meds today and the lamp still inspires me...

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha ... ja nee .. thats the bouwer crazy jeans talking here ... that wa brilliant .... loved it ... btw. talking bout the lamp

Louisa said...

Thanks cuzzz!
What do you mean "the lamp", you don't love me? :-( Well that sucks...

Anonymous said...

Jou blog se titel is die beste!

Louisa said...

Ruzelda,
Baie dankie...ek neem aan jy ken die speletjie? ;-)

Gobody said...

Obviously you like this lamb :). I would also say that this flu had some effect on you (in a good way ;))

Louisa said...

Gobody,
It really is a wonderfull lamp!

And I have to agree with you on the flu thing... :-)

Vodka Mom said...

that's fantastic!!! Hope you solve your crappy internet problems soon.

"-)

Louisa said...

Vodka mom, thanks it's all sorted now - this is where I used to blog way back...I'm at wordpress now http://louisa123.wordpress.com

Quite a bit has happened since I wrote this post! ;-)