18 March 2007

Piece of cake...

I’m starting to wonder about why I have cake stories two weeks in a row now? It’s been a great week really, lots of reason to celebrate and lots of celebrating done. Today is both my mother’s birthday and Simone’s birthday…it seems like a very popular day in March to give birth on because as a family we know so many people that have their birthday on this day. My mom’s aunt Ellen, my dad’s university buddy’s wife Deidre’, Simone’, my mom, a barman named Tony that I was planning on hunting last year about this time, and so on. That’s just today! The rest of the month looks pretty popular too.

This past weekend I attended a party for both Simone’s kiddies. Mishcke just turned 5 and Jean-Antonio (a.k.a. Vlam) turns 3 on the 4th of April. Pooh bear and Barbie cake was had by all…and I saw firsthand that many hands do not necessarily make light work. It was already in progress when I arrived at 11:00 and after another 3 and a half hours mommy’s temper was running pretty thin with her little helpers who kept breaking the icing piper or poking holes in the Barbie dress while she was icing on the other side. Simma, I didn’t know you had it in you...I find it just extremely funny and it was so worth getting my fingers stained purple helping you ice a Barbie cake. Hahahaha! You have very cute kids and I will call you St.Simone’ for all the patience that you showed on Saturday. You’re doing a great job buddy!

Also had a great Friday p*ss-up with Daedalus and Professor Linda at Paddy’s on Friday. I don’t think the professor enjoys chatting to me anymore. It was fun…although it felt like something died in my mouth on Saturday when I got up and I had to run around and attend a multitude of parties with an extreme aversion to sunlight and loud noises. (Yes who knew…and I didn’t even have red wine).

Saturday night I had a Generation X get together reunion type event at Tanja & Henning’s house where we had a lasagna potjie and played 30 seconds with a twist. Everyone agreed to make it 1 minute instead although it seemed kind of pointless since mostly they finished in the first 30 seconds anyway. Also we heard about the terrible medical trauma of their cute little cat Snuggles who has had more than R9000 worth of vet’s fees in the last two months. Shame - poor kitty. First depression, then kidney splinters, then a slight eye injury picked up at the vet, and lastly running onto a cactus and injuring the other eye. He apparently spends a lot of time in the bath (empty) staring and just sitting there. To hear Tanja talking about explaining to the vet…”something is not right with Snuggles…he spends hours in the bath” is quite funny!


Happy St.Patrick’s day to anyone who enjoys a bit of green in their lives for yesterday…and I hope you have a great week ahead! I know I will because I have no more assignments to do for the rest of this term (obviously still a fair amount of studying need doing before May, but no more assignments. Whooooohooooo!). I am also very excited (a just the tiniest bit nervous) because this week (if all goes according to plan) we will find out when John can come over from the UK. So you can see that this is going to be a really big week for us and for me. I’m sitting here grinning like an idiot at my laptop while writing this…yep…this week is going to be HUGE! ;-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh the Barbie and Pooh cake look so yummy, lucky you. Looks like you had another of thoes really busy weekends;-). I am glade that you are looking forward to your week, it a great wait to start...

Louisa said...

Yep, it was a mad rush from beginning to end! I am exhasuted and need a day or two just to recover from this weekend. And do you know what? I never got round to buying the boots like I said I would...hehe...oh well I beleive there's a public holiday coming up on Wednesday (I lose track of these things), so maybe I'll go then?

Hope you have a great week too Gaby!

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you will find the time to go shopping... we always do hehehe. However, I went and spend 700 rand of a salary that i have not yet got on clothes and shoes, I am really bad!!!!

Louisa said...

Hahahahah! Wow!
I always accuse Freddy that he is the super-shopper...but it looks like it runs in the family?
;-)
I don't feel like shopping today...I don't even feel like studying to be honest...I feel like hooking up to a coffee IV or just going back to bed.

I am soooooo lazy!

Anonymous said...

No no no I won't go there but one thing is for sure is that most of the memebers of our family are super-shopper hahaha....

I also wish i were in bed infront of the tv... I think that instead of the coffee I would like IV of chocolate ice-cream

Louisa said...

Gaby...you are evil!
Hahahahaha! Now I can't stop thinking about chocolate - thanks.

Anonymous said...

Oh well i am helplessly addicted to chocolate... it will be my downfall for sure!!!!! :-)