03 December 2006

Once apon a time...

Mmm… I guess we all want a fairy godmother to take a swipe at us with her magic wand and take us to the ball from time to time? This has been a week like that for me…I’ve had some of my highest highs and lowest lows in this one single week. It’s been a roller-coaster ride from ecstatic to miserable and everywhere in between. (Obviously everyone knows that almost the only thing that can take you on a spin like that is Love, Lust or a severe case of Infatuation – or/and the process of determining which of them it is ;-).

While you’re soaring on the wings of “In Love” you don’t think about a lot (because the air is a bit thinner up there I guess?), but when you’re wings get clipped or you fly into a tree there is always a lot of time to reflect on anything significant previously overlooked. And so when I hit bottom this week I did get a chance to do some serious thinking, which was needed… (it seems my OCD includes a urge to attach silver linings to everything?) and do you know what? I am even happy to be miserable…odd as that may sound… I feel alive!!!! The Pleasure and the Pain of this adventure is so intense it takes my breath away, but I’d pick this over the numbness and indifference any day of the week… (I’m soaring again if you didn’t pick up on that).

More on this topic soon, promise… ;-)

Other news of this past week…it’s been another crazy social week in true SA summer way. I was asked to help out at a golf day (golf I detest), and I agreed because it was for my dad and he asked nicely…It was actually a lot less unpleasant than I anticipated. I got to handle all the registrations which meant I basically took money from big boys so that they could go play in the garden, yeah I can do that! But really it was also nice because it was a charity event and the money raised +/_ R30 000 went towards a computer centre for a primary school in Nylstroom. Warm fuzzy feelings about that. The event was hosted by the club and they are talking about doing four a year and giving the money to someone else every time. I like that. I like that so much – I might even volunteer to help again? Lol…

Other events this week was GJ’s birthday party, Ryan’s birthday party, Movie and coffee with Freddy, Ladies night with Simone’, Braai at Dylan’s house, picnic with *Esmerelda* and Jacobus at the botanical gardens and coffee with Wanette! See what I mean? Crazy…

I didn’t have my camera everywhere and some of the photos didn’t come out but I’ve included a few for you anyway…enjoy! One is of me and Simone' on Friday and the other of the waterfall at the botanical gardens that I took today...



4 comments:

Gobody said...

You have a nice busy life, you shouldn’t be complaining. You just made me feel like a vegetable ;). And love, oh my dear, I don’t want to get into that. But you said it, is makes you feel alive and pulsing. I am sure you will grow new wings ;).

PS: Where in Europe are you traveling?

Louisa said...

Thanks...I hope so. :-) Well I know for sure I'm going to be in the UK...not sure where else yet. I'm fairly sure I'll never hear the end of it if I don't at least go and look at France too? But I'll just have to wait and see...I don't want to do the touristy thing bacuse I want to enjoy everything and all that rushing around to must-see-sights sometimes makes you miss out on the not so often seen special qualities of a specific place...the balance is somewhere in the middle of course!

Gobody said...

I just want to thank you for putting a link to my site at your blog. You are sooo sweet :-*

Louisa said...

You are welcome!