17 December 2006

Summer Madness...

Well! This has been one craaaaaazy week! Remember when I said how everyone just goes social over summer…where every day is a reason to celebrate and get in touch with friends (some who you didn’t manage to see the whole year long!). I don’t know how other people manage to fit it all in but in this last week I had to attend up to three different events a day…I am completely exhausted!!! Obviously I have more photos to show in a week like this – and I didn’t even take photos everywhere…By the way with 30’C plus weather here almost every day this week I have declared Frozen Margeritas THE drink of this season…so far I’ve had many – all good. The one venue did throw me off slightly by doing the rim in sugar instead of salt but it was still tasty and refreshing and they balanced it with extra Tequila so I let it slide…

I think I’ll start you off this week with a nice tranquil shot of a pretty sunset (sky’s on fire) that I saw this week driving between one event and the next one…Oh yes! I've also decided that I'm not going to say much more about the love in my life until I've manged to tell my family about him (It's not right that the whole world should know before I've managed to tell my family) but still John...wish you could have seen this sunset with me...;-)


Next is a photo of me and *Esmerelda* on our joint doctor visit…we basically dared each other to go for the dreaded gynecological visit and so we ended up going together! Actually I think it was such a clever idea that we’ve decided to make it an annual thing…the 13 th of December is going to our day for that from now on…and next year we’re going to see if we can get a bigger group going and turn it into a mob-thing. The new doctor we found is brilliant, but I’m not telling you his name because if word gets out how I might battle to get an appointment myself?! (No, okay I will tell upon individual request…but only because I know how traumatic this experience can be and I want to help).

I also managed to get together with my old school budd Louelle and her mother for afternoon ice tea and some skinder (Afrikaans word for gossip). She gave me a frangipani tree!!! It’s beautifull – I love it. It’s one of my favourite flowers anywhere and usually only grows in a little bit more tropical area…but Louelle has managed to devise a clever trick to help it grow here and I am so excited to have my own now that I have a chance to keep it alive!




I’ve seen a couple of movies with my friend Freddy too…here’s a shot of him at Mugg&Bean Coffe Shop that I had to sneak in because he’s so camera shy… We saw Open Season and The Holiday…both feel good movies which I enjoyed, but Freddy is trying to convince me that I need to see Charlotte (I thik that’s the name?) which is a movie about a spider?! He’s still got to sell this to me a bit more – I hate f-ing spiders!

Further more I also had the privelige of meeting “The Ben” this week. My friend Jacky booked Friday with me in August already to meet Ben who she met when she was working and living in London for two years…Ben is actually from Australia but is busy getting his British passport. What a funny guy! This man went on holiday on his own for two and a half months and just made friends wherever he went. He entertained us especially with his tales of spending three days in Cape Town never leaving his guest lodge’s bar (together with the other people in his tour of course) where they in created the ICK (International Council of Kukao!) and held the World Championships of Kukao! (which basically entails last man standing on a bar making crowing bird noises (Kukaaaaaaooooo!!!!) and flapping imaginary wings while drinking a newly devised shooter …you guessed it – a Kukao (Klipdrift and Kaluha). Ben won the first world cup and intends to start a website for the members…the next world cup will be held on the first full moon of December 2007 wherever Ben is. Funny guy!

Also it’s official – from the 16th of December you will be taking your own life in your hands if you venture into a mall. Beware of the the Christmas Shopper Stampedes!!! I am thankfully done with my shopping and no mall will see me again until the 26th…Good luck with your last minute scrambles if you haven’t managed to plan better. ;-)...

2 comments:

Gobody said...

oooh, I got dizzy reading this, I don't know how it will be living it ;)

Louisa said...

It makes me dizzy tooo! hahaha...pretty crazy but still fun thank goodness!