10 December 2006

It's the season to be jolly?

This week was a momentus occasion for our dog Diablo who finally after two years of trying has finally managed to catch a Hadidah (I could be off with the spelling here?). This big bird was stealing his food when he outran and caught it. He was so proud of his catch…and wouldn’t let us take it away until he had a chance to show my dad what a good hunter he was. Sorry for the squimish – but I think that’s kind of cute!

What another crazy week! It has just been one social event after another including my 10 aniversary of Voortrekkers yesterday. For those that don’t know Voortrekkers is very similar to the scouts only it’s a cultural movement for Afrikaans kids where they get to learn more about their culture, learn to respect and use their language, get in touch with nature all in a Christian context. It was great seeing everyone again! Hopefully we won’t let another 10 years go by before we catch up again?

Other than that I’ve been busy doing the dreaded Christmas shopping. I have only one or two items on the list left to get…and even though I told myself that this year I would keep it low key I have not managed it as well as I had planned…oh well, maybe next year? ;-)

I’ve been helping out the Lions too with the gift wrapping kiosk at the mall. (I knew all those years of wrapping would come in handy at some stage?). Other than this little bit of work I have been mostly filling up my days with seeing friends and daydreaming about the man in my life…what a sweetheart…*sigh*

I can’t believe how fast this year has zipped past…I need to start working on my new years resolutions and I haven’t even got the Christmas tree up yet!!! Hope you all have a great week…and that you manage not get trampled in a mall shopping stampede!


No comments: