12 November 2006

Why does it still feel like August to me?

Geez but this year has whizzed past! I just realised today that it’s almost December – I should definitiely start panicking about Christmas and what-not. It’s been more than 2 months since I’ve listened or watched any news other than the opinions I encounter in news groups. *No news is good news, right?

This week I rediscovered IRC chat – and it’s still as addictive as it used to be, that’s for sure. I used up my monthly data in a week!(On text?!). *Bright side coming: Lucky thing too, since I would otherwise never have found out that I was being charged for double the data package I was actually being allocated…some sad story was told to the effect that my requested upgrade only went through in some of the systems and not the others. Yeah right! Just fix it or I might come rattle things personally to see where in the world it really got stuck. A system will only what the operators make it do. (#@! In,will give #@! Out, isn’t it?). *More Bright side coming: Buuuut, I finally got transferred to someone who knows the system, and who felt inclined to help me so it’s all sorted out now – and just so you know I’m not a complete cow, I did say some very nice things about him on Hellopeter.com and recommended that he should get a big fat bonus for being so clever. I once recommended a very good sales lady should be cloned and one put in every branch – but he wasn’t THAT good.

I wrote Civil Procedure (again) on Monday and I have a sneaky suspicion it won’t be the last time. That subject is fast becoming my unicorn. *See gone in 60 sconds – Eleanor. But thankfully I only have one exam left for this semester on Thursday – Advanced Family law. Let it be known that 6 in one semester is a foolish thing to take on, and no fun. I am sick and tired of exams for this year.

Not to worry: it’s not all work and no play. They had a belated Holloween party at the club this week and we all had to dress up as witches and wizards. I’ve included a few pics for you here. I like dress-up parties! ;-) Can’t wait to see what’s next. I’m thinking of maybe organising a Mad-Hatter’s (Long Island Ice) Tea Party – or maybe just some LazerQuest war games in camo. *Excuse me while I nurse my aching head and rethink this for a few minutes.

Hope you have an excellent week!

4 comments:

Gobody said...

Your parties surely sound like fun, can I come over?

Are you studying Law?

Adam said...

Hey you...luck and all with your exams. It's *almost* over. Can say the same thing for me too! Less than 3 weeks to go...

Quote of the Day
Fate loves the fearless.
James Russell Lowell

Louisa said...

gobody: sure you can! Just let me know when you're going to be in the area and we'll organise something spectacular :-)

adam: Hi there! Thanks for the good wishes, and good luck to you for the next three weeks too. (Love the quote btw)

Gobody said...

Thank you. I cannot promise that I can get to South Africa very soon, but you never know. And if I make it all the way down there, I would expect something spectacular waiting for me :-p