12 November 2006

Quotes of the week

Adam is working off his notice period (and seems to be busier than ever!) so this week I had to find some of my own material too… Enjoy!

Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one – Malcolm Forbes (Thanks Adam)

If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There’s no point being a damn fool about it – W.C. Fields (Thanks Adam)

There are as many opinions as there are experts – Franklin D. Roosevelt (Thanks Adam)

Reasons to travel: Number 6 – I want to find myself: Mmmm. If you’re having problems discovering yourself in a place where you can actually read all the signs, what makes you think it’s going to be any easier where they’re all in a foreign language? – Peter Moore: No Sh*tting in the toilet (The travel guide for when you’ve really lost it)

Falling in love is like getting hit by a cattle truck. Either you go straight to heaven or you spend six months in traction sucking nourishment through a straw. – Caroline Hurry (Handbook for the Huntress)

3 comments:

Gobody said...

The last one is definitely my favorite, although it has been a while since I last fell in love :(

Anonymous said...

testing anonymous comments for wanette...

Anonymous said...

I like number 1, 2 and 4!
Wanette