27 November 2006

Summer...at last you have arrived...

In last week's post Gobody commented that he didn't know how a SA summer would be like. Well, I've been thinking how best to describe it and I keep coming up with silly descriptions like ...hot and humid...fun...alive...easy going looooong days of summer...I don't know. I think everyone just generally seem much happier in summer, must be the regular exposure to sun?

Well yesterday (Saturday) we opened summer in a big way at our house. My brother and our one of our friends Denise came up with the brilliant idea that we should have a pool party. So they invited all the hooligans over and it turned out to be quite an event. It feels like it's official now! Gobody...I don't know how to describe a SA summer to you (but I'm going to work on it) but for now what I can do is show you some pictures of our welcome summer pool party, and you should get a fair idea how much we enjoy this season around here. ;-)Here is a picture of my brother and Denise...the two main culprits (geniuses behind the event)

Even my parents got into the whole event...

Here's a nice shot of almost everyone in the "pool"...
This carried on until the sun went down...then we made a big fire and BBQ'ed loads of meat and partied until almost midnight! Doesn't that sound like fun?

This is basically what happens round here in summer - only the venue changes. We like getting social in exotic locations too. So you can basiaclly take all the main ingredients and stick it on a beach...in the bush...on a partyboat...in a club...next to a lake...at someone's house. It doesn't really matter. I guess summer is so well loved here because summer means good times with friends.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like sooo much fun!! Wish I was there, but will catch you on the next one!!!

Gobody said...

You guys having so much fun, I am moving over ;).

It's so sweet of you to make a post in response to my question :hug:

Louisa said...

It was alot of fun...Africa is a harsh place (mostly because of the crime at this stage), but being able to do this kind of thing makes it worthwhile staying here...

Gobody, you should definitely come here and see it all for yourself...I'm sure you would love the country and the people here.

Gobody said...

Are you sure? You should never extend an invitation except when you are sure that you want it accepted. I am known for irrational moves sometimes, it might come up my head to travel tomorrow and then I do ;)

Louisa said...

Of course I'm sure...I can only show you what I do round here, but you're welcome to pop in anytime. Juts give me a buzz before you buy tickets because it's very likely that I might be going to Europe for a month or so soon...

Anonymous said...

damn.....I know that is good...cause I lived it for years.... and now I'm homesick beond note! have a good swim, barby and margarita for me!.. in a few years. I'm gonna go ta SA for a whole summer holiday!

Louisa said...

Anonymous:
If you're talking about frozen Margeritas I promise I will have a few! Hope you get your SA summer soon...