11 February 2007

Weekly Quotes!

I’d take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day – Douglas Adams: The Salmon of Doubt (Thanks Wikipedia Quotes)

I wanna hang a map of the world inmy house. Then I’m gonna put pins into all the locations that I’ve traveled to. But first I’m gonna travel to the top two corners of the map so it won’t fall down – Mitch Hedberg (Thanks Quotationspage.com) – just kidding ;-)

Henceforth I will recognize and identify the mystery of moods in all mankind, and in me. >From this moment I am prepared to control whatever personality awakes in me each day. I will master my moods through positive action and when I master my moods I will control my destiny – Og Mandino (The Greatest Salesman in the World)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it – Terry Pratchett (Thanks Wikipedia Quotes)

Too many have dispensed with generosity in order to practice charity – Albert Camus (Thanks Quotationspage.com)

2 comments:

Gobody said...

my boss used to have a map in his office where he marked everywhere he has been to. I did the same in MS Atlas for a while then gave up. it will be interesting though, to know how many cities/towns/villages i have visited.

Louisa said...

I've also toyed with the idea on occasion...although most of mine wil just be in SA so i may have to get a smaller area map with more detail? My ex-boss used to have maps with the road coloured in that he has driven on his motorbike and he would take at least two weeks a year just to go and drive along roads he hasn't been on yet!