14 January 2007

Taking a break from doing nothing...

I’ve been taking it fairly easy since Christmas truth be known…I mean I have all my study books, schedules and so on and I’ve even knocked out an assignment two months early – but no real pressure yet if you know what I mean? I’ve been so relaxed I haven’t even bothered taking down the tree yet…*sigh* but I’ll do it next week or so… I’ve mostly sepnt some quality time with my cat Tigger (see attached)…and online of course ;-).

Although I have not been a complete slouch…there are those new years resolutions to keep in mind you know? I have made a first appearance at the gym for 2007 with my friend Annelie – and just to prove that I was actually there I actually took a picture of it. (I was extremely pleased that my membership card still worked I’ll have you know!).

Also had a great day visiting with my friend Louelle and her pooches on Wednesday, where she introduced me to the slinky hose…I can’t put that picture up sorry…a promise is a promise! But here’s one of her and Castro (the new puppy…very sweet). Nikita was feeling a bit camera shy…so no pics of her this week.

On Thursday the heavens opened up over Johannesburg…and just for you guys who might think that all of Africa looks like a desert here is a picture of the street I live in during the rain…see all the trees, mmmm? Actually I’ve heard it said a couple of times that Johannesburg is supposed to be the biggest man made forest around? I thought it was a well established fact but John told me he had never heard that rumour so I thought it would be agood idea to get the word out…now you know? You can wow all your friends at dinner parties with this bit of useless trivia…I think it might be true too? I definitely heard it on the radio at least once?


On Friday Simone’ invited me to her work’s Christmas beach party - No! No! - Not an early start for 2007! Apparently they were simply too busy to have it last year so they decided to kick of this year with festivities instead.


Seems like a great plan to me, and how nice that they didn’t boot me out for not working there? This is actually her second office party that I attend, so maybe some people there think that I actually work there?

After the party I went to Tiaan and Marizca’s place for dinner. You guys rock! We had so much food it almost felt like Christmas again…wow! I really had a lot of fun guys, let’s do this more often? And your puppy is super-cute too…big black Labrador called Jessie that just wanted to nibble my feet and wrestle me for the best spot on the couch. She actually reminds me soo much of a black lab that I used to have called Pieter. I think me and Jessie just bonded straight away. I didn’t get a good pic of Jessie but here are some nice ones of Tiaan and Marizca…she’s cooking in this one and he’s sitting on a computer box fixing a computer! He’s not sitting on the floor cause they were recently burgled or anything (even though they were), but because at Tiaan and Marizca’s everything happens close to the ground…they are a down to earth couple you could say…;-) I like sitting on the floor so I absolutely love the way that everything is set up there. Thank you guys for welcoming me into your home and for being such great friends!

I had just gotten home from a nice relaxing and fun evening with my friends when I had to pack and get ready for our little impromptu family vacation. Well, truthfully – not that impromptu for the rest of the family, but I only let myself be convinced to go a few days ago so it was still pretty impromptu for me. Long roadtrip – see the picture! And eventually we arrived at the beautifull beach of Uvongo.

This is a picture of the lagoon and waaaaay in the corner you can make out the roaring waterfall…well look closely and you should be able to!




This is the view from our patio looking doen on the beach and sea…

This is a picture of my dad on the rocks when we took a stroll along the caost line today…

This is a pic of me and my baby brother on the beach this morning…

These is a pics of palm trees which just makes this feel so tropical… *sigh - bliss*

We’ll be here until next week Sunday so I should have even more pictures for you on next week’s update. I feel a little bit guilty for taking abreak from doing almost nothing. But I did bring my books along and if I can stay awake and off the beach for long enough I might actually open them and try my hand at another assignment while we’re here. I think it’s the fresh air and the sound of the waves breaking so close – but I am having a really hard time staying awake here…so relaxing…

I hope that you will all have a great week ahead – see you soon!

No comments: