28 January 2007

And this weeks quotes are...

It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis – Margaret Bonnano

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on – John F. Kennedy (thanks Adam!)

I will live this day as if it is my last. And what then shall I do? Forgetting about yesterday neither will I think of tomorrow. Why should I throw now after maybe? Can tomorrow’s sand flow through the glass before today’s? Will the sun rise twice this morning? Can I perform tomorrow’s deeds while still standing in today’s path? Can I place tomorrow’s gold in today’s purse? Can tomorrow’s death cast its shadow backward and darken today’s joy? Should I concern myself over events which may never come to pass? No! Tomorrow lies buried with yesterday and I will think of it no more. – Og Mandino (The greatest Salesman in the World)

Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question – Terry Pratchett

The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another; and his humblest hour is when he compares the volume as it is with what he vowed to make it – James M. Barrie

2 comments:

Gobody said...

Every time I read another quote from the greatest salesman I understand that greatness in not in what you do; it is in how you do it. Thanks for sharing Louisa.

Louisa said...

That's a very nice way to put it Gobody! I enjoy sharing these quotes - even more so because I know that you really enjoy them every week.

Thank you!